PM congratulates DRDO for successful Agni-V test
PMO tweeted saying that the test launch represented another milestone in India's quest to add to its preparedness.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh congratulated the scientists of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for the successful test-fire of the Agni-V missile on Thursday.
"I congratulate all the scientific and technical personnel of the DRDO and other organisations who have worked tirelessly in our endeavour to strengthen the defence and security of our country. Today's successful Agni-V test launch represents another milestone in our quest to add to the credibility of our security and preparedness and to continuously explore the frontiers of science. The nation stands together in honouring the scientific community who have done the country proud," the Prime Minister said in a statement.
A tweet from the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) also said that Manmohan Singh called DRDO chief Dr VK Saraswat to personally congratulate him and his team for the successful test launch of Agni-V.
India conducted the maiden test of indigenously developed nuclear capable Agni-V Ballistic Missile from the test range off Odisha coast on Thursday. With over 5,000 km range, Agni V was test-fired at around 0807 hrs from Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Wheeler Island off Odisha coast.
The three stage, solid propellant missile was test-fired from a mobile launcher from the launch complex-4 of the ITR, defence sources said.
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- PM Modi Appreciates Those Revealing Undisclosed Income
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Watch: Ground Reports From India-Pakistan Border
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Pakistan's Bermuda Triangle
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army