PM congratulates DRDO for successful Agni-V test
PMO tweeted saying that the test launch represented another milestone in India's quest to add to its preparedness.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh congratulated the scientists of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for the successful test-fire of the Agni-V missile on Thursday.
"I congratulate all the scientific and technical personnel of the DRDO and other organisations who have worked tirelessly in our endeavour to strengthen the defence and security of our country. Today's successful Agni-V test launch represents another milestone in our quest to add to the credibility of our security and preparedness and to continuously explore the frontiers of science. The nation stands together in honouring the scientific community who have done the country proud," the Prime Minister said in a statement.
A tweet from the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) also said that Manmohan Singh called DRDO chief Dr VK Saraswat to personally congratulate him and his team for the successful test launch of Agni-V.
India conducted the maiden test of indigenously developed nuclear capable Agni-V Ballistic Missile from the test range off Odisha coast on Thursday. With over 5,000 km range, Agni V was test-fired at around 0807 hrs from Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Wheeler Island off Odisha coast.
The three stage, solid propellant missile was test-fired from a mobile launcher from the launch complex-4 of the ITR, defence sources said.
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Farooq Calls Meeting of Opposition to Discuss Kashmir Issue