Proud papa: PM's daughter wins Infosys award
Upinder Singh was honoured for her contribution in the field of History.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was a proud father on Monday when his professor-daughter Upinder Singh was honoured with Infosys Prize for her outstanding contribution in the field of History.
Amid elation over accomplishments of his daughter, the Prime Minister said the Government was laying impetus on encouraging research and development by creating a favourable climate in this regard.
Congratulating all the five recipients of Infosys Prize in various categories, Singh said, "As for Upinder getting the prize, as a father I naturally feel very proud. I am grateful to God, he has given me such gifted children."
He was speaking after the award presentation function where he, along with his wife Gursharan Kaur, was present.
Upinder, a Professor of History in the Delhi University, was given the award for her contributions as a historian of ancient and early medieval India.
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections