Proud papa: PM's daughter wins Infosys award
Upinder Singh was honoured for her contribution in the field of History.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was a proud father on Monday when his professor-daughter Upinder Singh was honoured with Infosys Prize for her outstanding contribution in the field of History.
Amid elation over accomplishments of his daughter, the Prime Minister said the Government was laying impetus on encouraging research and development by creating a favourable climate in this regard.
Congratulating all the five recipients of Infosys Prize in various categories, Singh said, "As for Upinder getting the prize, as a father I naturally feel very proud. I am grateful to God, he has given me such gifted children."
He was speaking after the award presentation function where he, along with his wife Gursharan Kaur, was present.
Upinder, a Professor of History in the Delhi University, was given the award for her contributions as a historian of ancient and early medieval India.
Recommended For You
- IPL Auction: Pune Pay 14.5 Crore for Ben Stokes, RCB Buy Tymal Mills for 12 Crore
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Anaarkali of Aarah: Karan Johar Unveils Swara's Never-seen-before Avatar
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks