DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Proud papa: PM's daughter wins Infosys award
Upinder Singh was honoured for her contribution in the field of History.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was a proud father on Monday when his professor-daughter Upinder Singh was honoured with Infosys Prize for her outstanding contribution in the field of History.
Amid elation over accomplishments of his daughter, the Prime Minister said the Government was laying impetus on encouraging research and development by creating a favourable climate in this regard.
Congratulating all the five recipients of Infosys Prize in various categories, Singh said, "As for Upinder getting the prize, as a father I naturally feel very proud. I am grateful to God, he has given me such gifted children."
He was speaking after the award presentation function where he, along with his wife Gursharan Kaur, was present.
Upinder, a Professor of History in the Delhi University, was given the award for her contributions as a historian of ancient and early medieval India.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet