Proud papa: PM's daughter wins Infosys award
Upinder Singh was honoured for her contribution in the field of History.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was a proud father on Monday when his professor-daughter Upinder Singh was honoured with Infosys Prize for her outstanding contribution in the field of History.
Amid elation over accomplishments of his daughter, the Prime Minister said the Government was laying impetus on encouraging research and development by creating a favourable climate in this regard.
Congratulating all the five recipients of Infosys Prize in various categories, Singh said, "As for Upinder getting the prize, as a father I naturally feel very proud. I am grateful to God, he has given me such gifted children."
He was speaking after the award presentation function where he, along with his wife Gursharan Kaur, was present.
Upinder, a Professor of History in the Delhi University, was given the award for her contributions as a historian of ancient and early medieval India.
- Trump Says Debate Microphone Was 'Defective'
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- Watch: Exclusive Interview With Former Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Will Pakistan Ever Accept Any Evidence Provided By India on Terror Propagated From Pak Soil?
- India Pulls Out of Saarc Meet, is Pakistan's Isolation Complete?