PM's lookalike walks into AIIMS to wish him well
Gurmeet Singh wore blue turban, white kurta pyjama and blue Nehru jacket.
New Delhi: The waiting media as well as the security personnel posted at AIIMS, where Prime Minister Manmohan Singh underwent a by-pass surgery, were taken by surprise on Saturday when his lookalike walked in, dressed in the same manner as the PM himself.
Gurmeet Singh, a resident of Jungpura, walked into the hospital dressed in the trademark blue turban, white kurta pyjama and a blue Nehru jacket.
"I have come here to wish our Prime Minister. I hope and pray that the operation becomes successful," Gurmeet told reporters.
As he made his way through the cameras and surprised on-lookers, Gurmeet was stopped by the Special Protection Group (SPG), which exclusively guards the Prime Minister and his family.
The SPG asked him to write his wishes on a diary, provided at the hospital, for those who want to wish PM success in the operation, which he duly did.
Gurmeet, a father of two and a regular at AICC office while leaving the hospital said, "I met him three years back. I hope to meet him after he gets well and is back in action."
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Some of Lodha Recommendations Are Too Much: Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev
- India's Test Captains Felicitated Before Start of 500th Test
- India Accounts for 75% of Casualties Due to Air Pollution: WHO
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music