DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
PM's lookalike walks into AIIMS to wish him well
Gurmeet Singh wore blue turban, white kurta pyjama and blue Nehru jacket.
New Delhi: The waiting media as well as the security personnel posted at AIIMS, where Prime Minister Manmohan Singh underwent a by-pass surgery, were taken by surprise on Saturday when his lookalike walked in, dressed in the same manner as the PM himself.
Gurmeet Singh, a resident of Jungpura, walked into the hospital dressed in the trademark blue turban, white kurta pyjama and a blue Nehru jacket.
"I have come here to wish our Prime Minister. I hope and pray that the operation becomes successful," Gurmeet told reporters.
As he made his way through the cameras and surprised on-lookers, Gurmeet was stopped by the Special Protection Group (SPG), which exclusively guards the Prime Minister and his family.
The SPG asked him to write his wishes on a diary, provided at the hospital, for those who want to wish PM success in the operation, which he duly did.
Gurmeet, a father of two and a regular at AICC office while leaving the hospital said, "I met him three years back. I hope to meet him after he gets well and is back in action."
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi