PNB records net profit of Rs 1,205 crore
KOCHI: The Punjab National Bank registered a growth of 12.1 per cent in terms of net profit for the second quarter that ended on S..
KOCHI: The Punjab National Bank registered a growth of 12.1 per cent in terms of net profit for the second quarter that ended on Sep 30. The bank recorded a net profit of Rs 1205 crore.
The total business of the bank rose to Rs 590803 crore showing a year-on-year growth of 22.5 per cent. The deposit amounted to Rs 341780 crore while the credit reached Rs 249020 crore showing a growth of 19.3 per cent. The total assets crossed the milestone of Rs 4,00,000 crore. The savings deposits reached Rs 1000491 crore. The net interest income improved by 16 per cent to Rs 3453 crore.The net interest margin remains high at 3.95 per cent for the quarter. The total income increased to Rs 19240 crore, recording a growth of 37.1 per cent. The gross non-performing assets (NPA) ratio stood at 2.05 per cent while the net NPA ratio was 0.84 per cent. The book value per share improved to Rs 705.40 in Sep 2011 recording 21.1 per cent growth.
The bank has more than 3500 branches and has installed more than 5600 ATMs, with the customer base having exceeded Rs 6.5 crore.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game