Police Act Against Pan Stalls For Selling Cigarettes Near Schools
Representative Image. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Mumbai: Police on Friday took action against 64 'pan' stalls for selling cigarettes and tobacco products in the vicinity of schools and colleges in the city.
As per rules, selling of cigarettes and tobacco products in the distance of 100 meters from school, colleges and educational complexes is prohibited in Maharashtra.
This is the biggest crackdown on pan stalls by crime branch this year in which personnel of social service branch and Juvenile Aid Protection Unit (JAPU) were involved, a senior police official said.
Action was taken against pan stalls in areas like Mata Rambai Ambedkar Marg, Azad Maidan, Marine Drive, Worli, N M Joshi Marg, Tardeo, Gamevi, Pydhunie, Dongri, Byculla and J J Marg, he said, adding fine was recovered from owners/ personnel of these stalls.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Fallout of Indo-Pak Tension?Wasim Akram to Miss IPL 2017 Due to 'Professional Commitments'
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- CAPTAIN MARVELVirat Kohli: The Milestone Man
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings