Police case filed against Chiranjeevi's son-in-law
Based on a complaint by Srija that she was allegedly being harassed for dowry.
Hyderabad: City police on Tuesday registered a case against actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi's son-in-law G Shirish Bharadwaj whose wife Srija has alleged harassment by her husband for dowry.
Based on a complaint by Srija that she was allegedly being harassed for dowry by her husband, the Central Crime Station (CCS), a wing of Hyderabad Police, has registered a case against Shirish, a senior police officer said.
"The complainant (Srija) alleged that she was being harassed for dowry by her husband Shirish," Hyderabad Police Commissioner A K Khan told PTI tonight.
The police questioned Shirish and his family members, police sources said.
Srija, the youngest daughter of Chirajneevi, married Shirish in 2007 against the wishes of her family.
The couple are now staying in Hyderabad, sources said.
Recommended For You
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion