DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Police case filed against Chiranjeevi's son-in-law
Based on a complaint by Srija that she was allegedly being harassed for dowry.
Hyderabad: City police on Tuesday registered a case against actor-turned-politician Chiranjeevi's son-in-law G Shirish Bharadwaj whose wife Srija has alleged harassment by her husband for dowry.
Based on a complaint by Srija that she was allegedly being harassed for dowry by her husband, the Central Crime Station (CCS), a wing of Hyderabad Police, has registered a case against Shirish, a senior police officer said.
"The complainant (Srija) alleged that she was being harassed for dowry by her husband Shirish," Hyderabad Police Commissioner A K Khan told PTI tonight.
The police questioned Shirish and his family members, police sources said.
Srija, the youngest daughter of Chirajneevi, married Shirish in 2007 against the wishes of her family.
The couple are now staying in Hyderabad, sources said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment