Police constable dismissed for sodomising 8-year-old
A senior police officer said that the constable has been dismissed from service following the incident.
Jalandhar: A Punjab Police constable was on Saturday dismissed from service for allegedly sodomizing an eight year old boy in Jalandhar, an official said. The constable, Sanjiv Kumar, was booked by police on Friday evening after the victim told his family that the policeman had sexually assaulted him.
A senior police officer said that the constable has been dismissed from service following the incident. The victim, who is the son of a migrant labourer from Uttar Pradesh, lived in the neighbourhood of the constable.
The victim had come to this Punjab city, 150 km from Chandigarh, with his family recently and was to take admission in a school. The constable had lured the boy to his room by offering biscuits.
- How Samajwadi Party Will Look Like it Splits
- Watch: Akhilesh vs Shivpal Figth Over Amar Singh
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats For Women Rights, Slams Triple Talaq
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers