Police foil techies trekking bid
BANGALORE A group of 20 engineers from Bangalore who went for trekking in the picturesque Skandagiri Hills were detained and later..
BANGALORE A group of 20 engineers from Bangalore who went for trekking in the picturesque Skandagiri Hills were detained and later released by Chikballapur police in the early hours on Saturday.
According to information reaching here, the police have banned trekking in Skandagiri Hills as Raj Kiran Singh, a city-based techie, had recently died after he accidentally slipped from a rock while enjoying the sunrise on the hilltop.
Besides, another reason for banning trekking is the presence of poisonous reptiles there.
The police said the techies were upset when they were told that they cannot trek. This enraged software engineers, who got into a wordy duel with the men in khaki and demanded them to give permission.
As the techies were in not in a mood to listen, they were taken to Chikballapur Rural Police Station. Later, the police collected the phone numbers of their parents and told them to advise their wards not to try such things as it would endanger their lives, it is learnt.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched: All You Need to Know
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Pooja Bhatt to File Police Complaint Against Man Posing as Her Agent
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology