DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Police foil techies trekking bid
BANGALORE A group of 20 engineers from Bangalore who went for trekking in the picturesque Skandagiri Hills were detained and later..
BANGALORE A group of 20 engineers from Bangalore who went for trekking in the picturesque Skandagiri Hills were detained and later released by Chikballapur police in the early hours on Saturday.
According to information reaching here, the police have banned trekking in Skandagiri Hills as Raj Kiran Singh, a city-based techie, had recently died after he accidentally slipped from a rock while enjoying the sunrise on the hilltop.
Besides, another reason for banning trekking is the presence of poisonous reptiles there.
The police said the techies were upset when they were told that they cannot trek. This enraged software engineers, who got into a wordy duel with the men in khaki and demanded them to give permission.
As the techies were in not in a mood to listen, they were taken to Chikballapur Rural Police Station. Later, the police collected the phone numbers of their parents and told them to advise their wards not to try such things as it would endanger their lives, it is learnt.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi