Bihar: Man allegedly beaten to death in custody
22-year old Govind was allegedly caught stealing a VCD from the house of Jitendra Tiwari, a sub-inspector.
New Delhi: A shocking incident from Bihar's Siwan district has come to light where a 22-year-old man was allegedly beaten to death while in custody.
The victim Govind was allegedly caught stealing a VCD from the house of Jitendra Tiwari, a sub-inspector. Govind's family alleges he was picked up at night and beaten mercilessly.
The youth's relatives have accused the police of using third degree measures and assaulting him in the lock up leading to his death.
Angry locals blocked the crossing leading to the hospital during the day to protest the death and demanded adequate compensation for the victim's family.
When questioned about his death, police said Govind committed suicide by hanging himself.
The RJD has taken up this issue, demanding justice for the family but no formal action has been initiated yet by the state government.
BJP leader Vyasdeo has urged Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to order a judicial probe into the incident.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology