Police officer arrested for trying to outrage woman's modesty
A case under section 354 of IPC was registered against the police officer.
Hyderabad: A Sub-Inspector of police posted at the National Police Academy (NPA) in Hyderabad was arrested on Monday for allegedly attempting to outrage the modesty of a 35-year-old woman, police said.
"SI Raghunadh Reddy, caught hold of the hand of a woman, working as a labourer at the NPA and allegedly pushed her on bed when she escaped," Rajendranagar Police said quoting the complainant.
A case under section 354 (assault or criminal force to a woman with the intent to outrage her modesty) of IPC was registered against Reddy and he was arrested.
He was remanded in judicial custody by a local court, a police officer said.
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking
- Mulayam Singh Should Become UP Chief Minister, Urges Shivpal
- Samajwadi Party: From Clear Majority in 2012 to Total Chaos Now
- Akhilesh Yadav Rebuffs Formation Of New Party, Says Will Remain With SP
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers