Police Officer Stoned to Death in Jammu and Kashmir
A special police officer (SPO) was allegedly stoned to death by two persons in a remote village of Kathua district in Jammu and Kashmir, police said today.
Representative Image (Courtesy: Getty Images)
Jammu: A special police officer (SPO) was allegedly stoned to death by two persons in a remote village of Kathua district in Jammu and Kashmir, police said today.
Hemant Kumar was deployed at Phinter Chowk last night where he had an altercation with the accused who attacked him with stones, a police officer said.
He said that Kumar was left in a pool of blood and when he was shifted to a local hospital doctors declared him brought dead.
He said that the accused have been identified as Naresh Bhadwal and Manveer Lalotra. He said that a case of murder has been registered and one of the accused has been arrested, while efforts were on to arrest the second accused.
Recommended For You
- Zaheer Khan-Sagarika Ghatge: All You Need To Know About The Newlywed's Wedding Reception Invitation Card
- India vs Sri Lanka: Lakmal Ready to Trouble Hosts Again In Nagpur
- Jurassic World 2 First Glimpse Sees Chris Pratt Treating Ancient Predators Like Pets
- OnePlus 5T vs Samsung Galaxy S8 [Specs]: The 'Flagship Killer' Certainly Lands a Few Death Blows
- Historic First For Indian Pacers at Eden Gardens, as Spinners Draw Blank