Police official says 30 die in Nepal bus accident
The bus rolled about 300 meters from the road, which was dark and thickly covered in fog.
Kathmandu: A police official says a bus veered off a mountain road in west Nepal leaving at least 30 people dead and several more injured. Police official Ramesh Bahadur Dhanuk said the bus drove off the gravel road Saturday in a remote mountainous area near Chatiwan village.
It was dark and the area was covered in thick fog. The bus rolled about 300 meters (300 yards) from the road.
Rescuers and local villagers helped the pull the dead and injured from the wreckage. Among the dead were 22 men, seven women and a child.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology