Police official says 30 die in Nepal bus accident
The bus rolled about 300 meters from the road, which was dark and thickly covered in fog.
Kathmandu: A police official says a bus veered off a mountain road in west Nepal leaving at least 30 people dead and several more injured. Police official Ramesh Bahadur Dhanuk said the bus drove off the gravel road Saturday in a remote mountainous area near Chatiwan village.
It was dark and the area was covered in thick fog. The bus rolled about 300 meters (300 yards) from the road.
Rescuers and local villagers helped the pull the dead and injured from the wreckage. Among the dead were 22 men, seven women and a child.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Lewis Hamilton Beats Title Rival Nico Rosberg to Pole
- Legendary Punjabi Actor Mehar Mittal Passes Away
- Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg Feeling the Pressure, Says Toto Wolff
- News360: Can Patriarch MSY Solve Chacha-Bhatija Spat?
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- Amar Singh Got Akhilesh Story Planted in Newspaper: Ashu Malik
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party