Police pressurising me to declare wife insane: MP teacher
The government school teacher's wife allegedly tried to immolate herself in front of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Betul: The government school teacher whose wife allegedly tried to immolate herself in front of Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan at Bainsdehi during Antyodaya Mela on February 13, on Friday alleged that police were pressurising him to give a certificate declaring his wife to be mentally sick.
Sukhdev Belekar, the teacher, said that police wanted him to produce a certificate declaring that his wife Gitabai was insane, failing which they would register a case of attempt to commit suicide against her and arrest her.
Belekar also alleged that police threatened him that if he did not do their bidding, they would ensure his dismissal from the service. Gitabai apparently wanted to protest the disparities in service conditions of teachers.
Adhyapak Samvida Sanyukta Morcha President Murlidhar Patidar, who came here after the incident, demanded action against concerned police and government officials. Belekar said his wife was not insane or even mentally disturbed. She had not eaten anything for the last two days because of police harassment, he added.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Kalinga Lancers vs UP Wizards, Semi-final
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- AB de Villiers Breaks Sourav Ganguly's Record
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category