DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Police Rescue Three Babies in West Bengal; Trafficking Suspected
Kolkata: Three babies were rescued from a bush near a canal at Falta in South 24 Parganas district of
West Bengal, which recently saw the busting of an international baby trafficking racket.
Hearing the cry of babies, locals from Chandmala area informed Falta Police Station yesterday evening, following which police personnel rushed to the area and rescued them, a senior officer of the district police said.
"The policemen along with the locals launched a search and found the three babies wrapped in a blanket in a bush on the banks of a canal," he said.
The three babies - two girls and a boy have been admitted to a government hospital at Diamond Harbour, the officer said.
"We are looking into whether these babies were part of a trafficking racket or not and also trying to ascertain the identity of these babies," he said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment