Police Rescue Three Babies in West Bengal; Trafficking Suspected
Kolkata: Three babies were rescued from a bush near a canal at Falta in South 24 Parganas district of
West Bengal, which recently saw the busting of an international baby trafficking racket.
Hearing the cry of babies, locals from Chandmala area informed Falta Police Station yesterday evening, following which police personnel rushed to the area and rescued them, a senior officer of the district police said.
"The policemen along with the locals launched a search and found the three babies wrapped in a blanket in a bush on the banks of a canal," he said.
The three babies - two girls and a boy have been admitted to a government hospital at Diamond Harbour, the officer said.
"We are looking into whether these babies were part of a trafficking racket or not and also trying to ascertain the identity of these babies," he said.
Recommended For You
- Ravindra Jadeja Gives it Back Royally to Matthew Wade
- Kapil Sharma Breaks Down While Filming His Show
- American Photographer Captures Bollywood at Its Candid Best and Every Photo Narrates a Story
- Sapna Bhavnani-Bani J's 'Kissing' Photo Has Set The Internet On Fire
- New Nissan Terrano Launched at a Starting Price of Rs 9.9 Lakh