Police Rescue Three Babies in West Bengal; Trafficking Suspected
Kolkata: Three babies were rescued from a bush near a canal at Falta in South 24 Parganas district of
West Bengal, which recently saw the busting of an international baby trafficking racket.
Hearing the cry of babies, locals from Chandmala area informed Falta Police Station yesterday evening, following which police personnel rushed to the area and rescued them, a senior officer of the district police said.
"The policemen along with the locals launched a search and found the three babies wrapped in a blanket in a bush on the banks of a canal," he said.
The three babies - two girls and a boy have been admitted to a government hospital at Diamond Harbour, the officer said.
"We are looking into whether these babies were part of a trafficking racket or not and also trying to ascertain the identity of these babies," he said.
Recommended For You
- Yuvraj Singh And MS Dhoni Hit Centuries, Twitter Explodes With Praise
- 'Six King' MS Dhoni Joins Elite ODI List
- After Vin Diesel, Deepika Padukone Makes James Corden Do 'Lungi Dance', Watch Videos
- Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: Shillong Choir, Gulzar Make Inaugural Session Memorable
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More