Police zero in on Dr Kidney's brother | 'He's no monster'
Police claim to have strong clues about the whereabouts of Dr Jeewan and aide.
Gurgaon: The Haryana police said on Friday that they have got definite clues about the whereabouts of Dr Jeewan, the brother of kidney transplant kingpin Amit Kumar, and another associate and both will be arrested soon.
"Dr Amit Kumar's brother Jeewan and associated Saraj, the two absconding doctors, would be arrested soon as the police had got strong clues about their locations," Joint Commissioner of Police Manjit Singh Ahlawat said.
To a question, he said the Gurgaon police have not sent any team to Nepal to bring back Kumar as it was the duty of the Central Bureau of Investigation.
The top police official had said on Thursday night that Haryana police was in the process of sending a team to Kathmandu to help their Nepalese counterpart in expediting the process of bringing back the tainted doctor.
Ahlawat said it will take sometime to bring him back because of the formalities involved in the process.
He said the Gurgaon police has sought a transit remand of Dr Upender, who arrested by Moradabad police on January 24 from a hospital run by him in Ballabhgarh town of Faridabad district. A court hearing is due on Monday.
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Indus Treaty: How India Can Use Existing Provisions to Send a Message to Pakistan
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Indus Waters Treaty: India to Use Water as Weapon to Fight Pakistan
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Catches Fire in an Indigo Flight
- Galaxy Note 7 Replacements Now Available in the US, Says Samsung