DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Policeman identified in Jarawa video suspended
A departmental enquiry has also been initiated against policeman identified as PC Claton, police said.
Port Blair: A policeman, identified in the video footage depicting members of Jarawa tribe of Andaman and Nicobar Islands dancing semi-naked, has been suspended. A departmental enquiry has also been initiated against him, police said.
"The policeman identified as PC Claton was sitting on the road while Jarawa women were made to dance on the road for an unknown videographer," SP, South Andaman, SBS Tyagi said.
"He was suspended yesterday (on Wednesday) for dereliction of duty as he made no attempt to prevent the recording," Tyagi said.
Police are in search of the Jarawa women who were made to dance for foreign tourists in return for food, to book the person who filmed them.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835