Policeman identified in Jarawa video suspended
A departmental enquiry has also been initiated against policeman identified as PC Claton, police said.
Port Blair: A policeman, identified in the video footage depicting members of Jarawa tribe of Andaman and Nicobar Islands dancing semi-naked, has been suspended. A departmental enquiry has also been initiated against him, police said.
"The policeman identified as PC Claton was sitting on the road while Jarawa women were made to dance on the road for an unknown videographer," SP, South Andaman, SBS Tyagi said.
"He was suspended yesterday (on Wednesday) for dereliction of duty as he made no attempt to prevent the recording," Tyagi said.
Police are in search of the Jarawa women who were made to dance for foreign tourists in return for food, to book the person who filmed them.
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18