Policeman identified in Jarawa video suspended
A departmental enquiry has also been initiated against policeman identified as PC Claton, police said.
Port Blair: A policeman, identified in the video footage depicting members of Jarawa tribe of Andaman and Nicobar Islands dancing semi-naked, has been suspended. A departmental enquiry has also been initiated against him, police said.
"The policeman identified as PC Claton was sitting on the road while Jarawa women were made to dance on the road for an unknown videographer," SP, South Andaman, SBS Tyagi said.
"He was suspended yesterday (on Wednesday) for dereliction of duty as he made no attempt to prevent the recording," Tyagi said.
Police are in search of the Jarawa women who were made to dance for foreign tourists in return for food, to book the person who filmed them.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show