Policemen Suspended for Inaction Over Youth's Tonsuring
Three policemen in Uttar Pradesh have been suspended for quietly watching the forcible tonsuring of a youth after he was found sitting with a female friend, an official said on Saturday.
Anti-Romeo squads in Uttar Pradesh have reportedly shaved the heads of those caught eve-teasing. (CNN-News18)
Lucknow: Three policemen in Uttar Pradesh have been suspended for quietly watching the forcible tonsuring of a youth after he was found sitting with a female friend, an official said on Saturday.
The incident happened in Shahjahanpur on March 22. A video of the incident went viral on a social media network on Friday, forcing the government to act.
In the video, the young man is shown pleading to the policemen surrounding him that he had done nothing wrong and was going around with a female friend.
Superintendent of Police K.B. Singh has ordered a probe into the matter and has suspended the three policemen for dereliction of duty. Police in the state has been acting against couples under the 'anti-Romeo drive'.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has already asked police not to harass couples sitting in public places with mutual consent.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Has The Best Reaction To Deepika Padukone's 'Cone' Meme
- 'Throat Relief': Manforce's 'New' Adrak Flavour Condom Is Reminding Us Of Chai
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More
- These Qualities will Determine If You're a Morning or Night Person
- Suffering from Cold or Flu? Avoid these 5 Foods