Policemen yet to be arrested for alleged custodial death
A departmental inquiry has been ordered against all eight policemen following the death of Mohammad Shakeel on Friday night.
Ghaziabad: Eight police personnel who were suspended on Saturday after a suspected auto thief died in their custody in Ghaziabad are yet to be arrested, a police official said on Sunday.
"The autopsy on Shakeel's body found ante-mortem injuries on him. He also had tuberculosis," said Uttar Pradesh Deputy Inspector General of Police K Satyanarayan in Ghazia bad.
A departmental inquiry has been ordered against all eight policemen following the death of Mohammad Shakeel on Friday night, police had said on Saturday.
The death, which the victim's father alleged occurred due to torture, took place at the Kavi Nagar police station, according to one account.
Police sources, however, said that Shakeel, of Dasna in Ghaziabad, succumbed to injuries sustained earlier while being treated at a hospital in Ghaziabad.
Police said that after he confessed to stealing some vehicles, it was decided to take Shakeel to Ferozabad to recover the vehicles. On the way, he reportedly complained of chest pain and vomitted.
On a complaint by Shakeel's father Mohammad Khaleel, a case was registered against the eight police personnel.
Khaleel accused police of torturing his son for two days and of taking away his mobile phone and Rs.61,000 in cash.
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Akhilesh Yadav Is The Undisputed Leader Of The Party In The State, Says SP Leader Madhukar Jetley
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake