Polish man accused of jailing, raping daughter
The man was ordered held for three months pending the completion of the investigation.
Warsaw: A Polish court on Monday ordered the detention of a man accused by his daughter of keeping her imprisoned for six years and raping her repeatedly, in a case that recalled that of Austrian Josef Fritzl.
"Most probably, as a result of forced sexual intercourse the young woman gave birth to two children... in February 2005 and January 2007," said a statement from police in the eastern Polish town of Siemiatycze.
The police said they arrested the 45-year-old man last week after his 21-year-old daughter sought their help. No further details were immediately available but an investigation is now under way.
The man was ordered held for three months pending the completion of the investigation, officials said.
Austria was rocked earlier this year by the case of Josef Fritzl, 73, who admitted he had kept his daughter imprisoned in a soundproofed basement under his house for 24 years, fathering seven children by her.
- 21 Maoists Killed in Encounter on Andhra Pradesh-Odisha Border
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity, says Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- SP Meet Turns Into Open War of Words
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Live: Akhilesh Yadav to Reinstate Shivpal, 3 Ministers; Ram Gopal Yadav Attacks Mulayam