DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Polish man accused of jailing, raping daughter
The man was ordered held for three months pending the completion of the investigation.
Warsaw: A Polish court on Monday ordered the detention of a man accused by his daughter of keeping her imprisoned for six years and raping her repeatedly, in a case that recalled that of Austrian Josef Fritzl.
"Most probably, as a result of forced sexual intercourse the young woman gave birth to two children... in February 2005 and January 2007," said a statement from police in the eastern Polish town of Siemiatycze.
The police said they arrested the 45-year-old man last week after his 21-year-old daughter sought their help. No further details were immediately available but an investigation is now under way.
The man was ordered held for three months pending the completion of the investigation, officials said.
Austria was rocked earlier this year by the case of Josef Fritzl, 73, who admitted he had kept his daughter imprisoned in a soundproofed basement under his house for 24 years, fathering seven children by her.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs