Politics cost me money, says Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger says he lost out on millions of dollars when he was the Governor of California.
London: Action star-turned-politician Arnold Schwarzenegger says he lost out on millions of dollars when he was the Governor of California.
The 66-year-old Austrian actor took a seven-year break from acting to pursue his political dreams and while he loved being able to give something back to the people of America, he says it wasn't great for him financially, reported
"I always saw my movie career as ongoing. I stepped out for seven years to be Governor of California but I was never trying to be a career politician who runs for Congress and the Senate. I just felt since America has given me every
opportunity to achieve in life. I should take time out to serve the people regardless of the lack of pay. I gave the money back, as a matter of fact," Schwarzenegger said.
"It was around USD 187,000 a year, which is petty cash...for me! I lost out on earning tens of millions of dollars and it also cost me - political campaigns are expensive - but none of that mattered. I wanted to help the people. It was the most educational thing I've ever done," he added.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology