Ponty Chadha killing: Police silent on many key questions
The police carried out a crime scene reconstruction on Sunday evening, but they haven't answered many crucial questions yet.
New Delhi: It was a twist as dramatic as the killings of north India's top liquor and real estate baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep Chadha, with the Delhi Police stopping Ponty's cremation minutes before the rites could begin on Sunday evening, saying that a second autopsy was needed. The police officials claimed that the doctors at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) had failed to recover three of the four bullets that were lodged inside Ponty's body.
Ponty was reportedly hit by 15 bullets. It took the doctors an hour to take them out, delaying the cremation by four hours and causing huge embarrassment to the prestigious medical institute.
The incident happened even as the police maintained that there was no other suspect or motive in the sensational shootout and maintained that Ponty's attempt to forcibly occupy the disputed Chhatarpur farmhouse led to the killings. Strangely, for a case where the probe is now limited to sealing procedural details, the police has been silent on a host of questions fuelling suspicions.
There are still several questions which remain unanswered, for instance: Was there a link between the October 5 Moradabad farmhouse shootout at these killings? How many weapons were recovered from the Chattarpur farmhouse post the shootout? Why would the PSOs attached to the brothers be willing to kill, almost like hired shooters? Whose weapon fired the bullets that were lodged inside Ponty's and Hardeep's bodies? Is it valid to term the shootout an act of self-defence with such a high number of shots being fired?
Police carried out a crime scene reconstruction on Sunday evening, but they haven't yet stated how many PSOs fired and why no one has been arrested so far on any charge.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259