Ponty Chadha linked to UP mining mafia?
The I-T department has been trying to establish links between Ponty Chadha and UP mining mafia head Sukhdev Singh.
New Delhi: The Income Tax department has been trying to establish links between liquor baron Ponty Chadha and Uttar Pradesh's Orai-based mining mafia head Sukhdev Singh. Recently, Rs 1.5 crore were recovered from Sukhdev's office in raids conducted by the IT department.
The I-T department also raided liquor baron Ponty Chadha's premises across Delhi and UP.
Jewellery worth Rs 4 crore and Rs 50 lakh cash was seized. I-T officials carried out raids at 17 properties owned by the businessman.
Ponty Chadha is one of the country's largest liquor barons and the only alcohol distributor in UP.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson