Ponty Chadha linked to UP mining mafia?
The I-T department has been trying to establish links between Ponty Chadha and UP mining mafia head Sukhdev Singh.
New Delhi: The Income Tax department has been trying to establish links between liquor baron Ponty Chadha and Uttar Pradesh's Orai-based mining mafia head Sukhdev Singh. Recently, Rs 1.5 crore were recovered from Sukhdev's office in raids conducted by the IT department.
The I-T department also raided liquor baron Ponty Chadha's premises across Delhi and UP.
Jewellery worth Rs 4 crore and Rs 50 lakh cash was seized. I-T officials carried out raids at 17 properties owned by the businessman.
Ponty Chadha is one of the country's largest liquor barons and the only alcohol distributor in UP.
Recommended For You
- Indian Spinners Lacked Patience in the Second Innings: Maninder Singh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- Steve Smith Reaches Career-High Rating After Pune Test