Ponty-Hardeep murders: Namdhari's judicial custody to end
Ponty and Hardeep, who had an ongoing property dispute, were killed in a shootout at their Chattarpur farmhouse on November 17.
New Delhi: The judicial custody of sacked Uttarakhand minority panel chief SS Namdhari and his PSO Sachin Tyagi, who were arrested for their alleged roles in the Ponty Chadha shootout case, will end on Thursday.
A Delhi police team had picked up Namdhari from his farmhouse at Bazpur in Udhamsinghnagar district in Uttarakhand and brought him to the national capital. The police had also questioned him at his farmhouse before taking him into custody.
Namdhari was removed from the panel after his name came under a cloud in the wake of reports about his presence at the farmhouse at the time of the shootout.
Ponty and Hardeep, who had an ongoing property dispute, were killed in a shootout at their Chattarpur farmhouse on November 17 afternoon, after which the police has arrested altogether eight persons including Tyagi and Namdhari in various criminal cases linked to the incident.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal Yadav, Four Other Ministers From Cabinet
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary