Ponty-Hardeep murders: Namdhari's judicial custody to end
Ponty and Hardeep, who had an ongoing property dispute, were killed in a shootout at their Chattarpur farmhouse on November 17.
New Delhi: The judicial custody of sacked Uttarakhand minority panel chief SS Namdhari and his PSO Sachin Tyagi, who were arrested for their alleged roles in the Ponty Chadha shootout case, will end on Thursday.
A Delhi police team had picked up Namdhari from his farmhouse at Bazpur in Udhamsinghnagar district in Uttarakhand and brought him to the national capital. The police had also questioned him at his farmhouse before taking him into custody.
Namdhari was removed from the panel after his name came under a cloud in the wake of reports about his presence at the farmhouse at the time of the shootout.
Ponty and Hardeep, who had an ongoing property dispute, were killed in a shootout at their Chattarpur farmhouse on November 17 afternoon, after which the police has arrested altogether eight persons including Tyagi and Namdhari in various criminal cases linked to the incident.
With Additional Inputs From PTI
- Nothing Confirmed Yet: Varun Dhawan on Working with Big B
- If Banning Actors Can Stop Terrorism, Government Should do it: Varun Dhawan
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Watch: Exclusive Interview With Former Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Will Pakistan Ever Accept Any Evidence Provided By India on Terror Propagated From Pak Soil?
- India Pulls Out of Saarc Meet, is Pakistan's Isolation Complete?