Ponty Chadha murder: 4 arrested for trespassing at farmhouse
The police say those arrested include the private security guards of late Ponty Chadha.
New Delhi: The Delhi Police have arrested four people for trespassing at the farmhouse in Chhatarpur, where the shootout between liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother took place on Saturday. The police say the arrested include private security guards of late Ponty Chadha.
However, no arrests have been made in regard to the double murders case. The police are yet to find significant leads into what led to the shootout. The police have said that a clash between the two brothers had taken place in another farmhouse, located a few kilometers away, on the morning of the shootout.
According to the police, Ponty's men had tried to remove Hardeep's supporters from their farmhouse in Kapashera in southwest Delhi, and that two men had even been arrested for that.
The police version has contradicted a claim made by a close relative mediating between the warring brothers who claimed the shootout was not linked to the dispute over the farmhouse. Delhi Gurudwara Prabhandhak Committee chief Parminder Singh Sarna, who had mediated, had claimed a settlement had been reached between the brothers.
According to the family, the immediate provocation could be fit of rage and had nothing to do with the farmhouse, but sources say that police continue to maintain that it was the fight for possession of the property which caused the two deaths.
Meanwhile, officials of Punjab and Uttarakhand police joined the local police in the probe on Monday. Sources suggested the first arrest is likely to take place in connection in the kidnapping and trespassing case and not the double murders. Police maintain the sequence of events matches the forensic team's view that it was Ponty's brother who started the shootout.
The Delhi Police forensic team visited the Chadha farmhouse again on Monday. Reports said that the police have questioned as many as 100 people in connection with the killings so far.
The big questions
There are still several questions which remain unanswered:
- Was there a link between the October 5 Moradabad farmhouse shootout at these killings?
- How many weapons were recovered from the Chattarpur farmhouse after the shootout?
- Why would the PSOs attached to the brothers be willing to kill, almost like hired shooters?
- Whose weapon fired the bullets that were lodged inside Ponty's and Hardeep's bodies?
- Is it valid to term the shootout an act of self-defence with such a high number of shots being fired?
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- CBFC Refuses to Pass Lipstick Under My Burkha for Being 'Lady Oriented'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology