DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pooja Batra to be honoured in Los Angeles
She will also host an auction to raise funds for tsunami-hit Japan
New Delhi: Actress Pooja Batra, who has been away from the Bollywood radar for a while, is being honoured by the LA County Sheriff's Indo-American Advisory Council for her contribution to the South Asian-American community. She will also host an auction to raise funds for tsunami-hit Japan.
She will receive the award and host the auction April 28, said a source.
Pooja shifted to Los Angeles after her wedding to orthopaedic surgeon Sonu Ahluwalia in 2002, but filed for divorce in January.
She recently walked the red carpet of the 9th Annual Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles (IFFLA) to show her support to Indian films. Her company Glow Bell Inc has also associated with a Los Angeles-based casting company to help the latter set shop in India.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes