DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Four terrorists dead, Poonch encounter far from over
Four of the 6-10 terrorists trapped in Bhatidhar forest area have died.
New Delhi: Security forces have being battling militants in Poonch district of Jammmu and Kashmir for over 100 hours.
Monday witnesses intermittent firing since morning. Senior officers expressed that perhaps the terrorists are attempting to save ammunition.
There was heavy firing late Sunday evening when the militants tried to escape in the dark. The encounter is on in Bhatidhar forest, from where Jaish-e-Mohammad and Lashkar militants had been allegedly operating for several years now.
According to an official statement released by the Army, four of the six to 10 terrorists trapped in the Bhatidhar forest area have been killed.
The bodies of the dead terrorists have yet to be recovered, though.
Security forces say that delay in the operation has been due to the difficult terrain, thick fog and low visibility.
The Army has lost two jawans and a JCO in the encounter.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes