Poor show for Force India at British GP
Nico Hulkenberg finished 12th and Paul di Resta's retired in the opening lap after a car collision at British GP.
Silverstone: Sahara Force India returned empty-handed from British Grand Prix, their home race, as Nico Hulkenberg finished 12th and Paul di Resta's retired in the opening lap after a car collision, here on Sunday.
Hulkenberg was in contention for points till the last 10 laps but could not maintain his position. He had qualified ninth but started 14th from the grid as he was handed a five-place grid penalty due to gear box change.
It was extremely disappointing result for Di Resta as for the Scotland racer, it was his home GP. The team is also based in Silverstone.
He was the first victim of the conditions as Lotus' Romain Grosjean collided with him in the opening lap traffic.
Force India remain on 44 points and they now trail Williams by three points.
Red Bull's Mark Webber won the race as he pushed pole position holder Fernando Alonso of Ferrari to second place.
Webber's teammate and double defending champion Sebastian Vettel was third, followed by Felipe Massa in second Ferrari.
India's Narain Karthikeyan, who races for Hispania, finished 21st.
Recommended For You
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"