Poorna Ramaswamy wins Best costume for 'Paradesi'
'Paradesi' is based on the novel 'Red Tea'. It is about the affliction of tea plantation workers of pre-independent
Chennai: Poornima Ramaswamy headed straight to director Bala Pazhanisaamy's residence after hearing that she had won the National Award for best costume designer for Tamil period-drama 'Paradesi'.
"I'm honoured to receive a National Award for my debut film. How many would be blessed with such an honour for their first film? I'm on my way to Bala sir's house to share my happiness with him because had not it been for him, I would have been nobody," Poornima told IANS.
"Besides Bala sir, I have to credit my team that was involved in the research work for getting everything in place for my work. It is a period film and, therefore, a lot of research work was needed to be executed with so many deadlines," she added.
'Paradesi', directed by Pazhanisaamy, is based on the novel 'Red Tea'. It is about the affliction of tea plantation workers of pre-independent India.
Adharva Murali, Vedhika Kumar and Dhansika played the lead in the film.
Poornima recently ventured into textile designing.
"My family owns few retail stores in Chennai and I used to manage it after my father's demise. I recently took interest in textile designing and started working full-time until I met Bala sir," she said.
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Donald Trump Vows to Sue Sexual Misconduct Accusers
- Adult Film Star Jessica Drake Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Donald Trump Announces 100-Day Presidency Plan
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple