DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pope's Twitter handle @Pontifex; will be Q&A
Pope Benedict XVI will start tweeting in six languages from his own personal handle @Pontifex on December 12.
Vatican City: Pope Benedict XVI will start tweeting in six languages from his own personal handle @Pontifex on December 12. The Vatican said on Monday the pope will be using a question and answer format in his first Tweet, focusing on answering questions about faith - in 140 characters.
The pope sent his first tweet last year from a Vatican account to launch the Holy See's news information portal. The Vatican's communications adviser Greg Burke told a press conference that the handle @Pontifex was chosen for the pope's personal account because it not only means pope in Latin, but also bridge-builder, suggesting unity. How often will the pope tweet? Burke said, "as often as he wants."
The Vatican has been increasing its presence in social media to try to spread the faith, particularly among the young.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835