DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gasquet downs Mirnyi in Portugal
French fifth seed Richard Gasquet overcame Max Mirnyi 6-3, 6-3 on Tuesday at the Estoril Open.
New Delhi: French fifth seed Richard Gasquet overcame Max Mirnyi 6-3, 6-3 on Tuesday to set up a second-round clash with Frederico Gil at the Estoril Open in Portugal.
World Number 15 in the world, Gasquet limited the big-hitting Mirnyi to just four aces on a cloudy afternoon at the Estadio Nacional.
Gasquet beat the big Belarussian for the second time after winning the Nottingham title on grass two years ago.
"I'm happy to win this match because it was hard for me with the weather, a lot of wind, so I'm happy to win this match in two sets," Gasquet said after posting the impressive win.
Gasquet has now reached the last eight or better in four tournaments this year so far.
Meanwhile, Paul-Henri Mathieu upset world number six Fernando Gonzalez 6-2, 6-4 to reach the second round.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande