Odisha: Land acquisition continues for POSCO
On Sunday, violence had broken out after protesters clashed with the police over the acquisition.
Jagatsinghpur: Land acquisition has begun for the second day at the proposed POSCO site in Jagatsinghpur in Odisha. So far the acquisition is going peacefully with heavy police deployment.
On Sunday, violence broke out after protesters clashed with the police over the acquisition. All entry points to the villages where the acquisition is taking place have been sealed after anti posco protesters threw stones at the police.
Police had dismantled seven betel vines in the land belonging to the farmers. However, authorities have said only land belonging to people who have given their consent will be acquired.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310 to be Launched Under Rs 5000: Here’s How it Will Look
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines