Poster campaign against Kannur DCC president
KANNUR: A poster campaign has been launched by a section of Youth Congress workers against District Congress Committee (DCC) presi..
KANNUR: A poster campaign has been launched by a section of Youth Congress workers against District Congress Committee (DCC) president P Ramakrishnan in the district.
Posters and flex boards appeared at several centres here on Monday called for the ouster of P Ramakrishnan from the post of DCC president. Posters were seen mostly at Chalad which is considered to be a stronghold of the Congress.
Posters alleging corruption and embezzlement of funds had appeared at some places in the district against KPCC secretary K Sudhakaran MP a few days ago. The posters were part of the ongoing factional fight in the DCC. P Ramakrishnan was prevented from entering the office of the DCC here last week by a group of Youth Congress workers supporting K Sudhakaran.
Meanwhile, Sudhakaran had made an open statement that he would resign as Member of Parliament if the allegations raised against him by the DCC president were found to be true by the KPCC leadership. The poster campaign indulged in by the two groups in the Congress is likely to turn the factional fight in the party further worse, even as the KPCC is trying to find a settlement to the issue.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands