Ishrat Jahan case: PP Pandey's judicial remand ends today
The court had rejected the application of the CBI seeking further remand for the suspended IPS officer.
Ahmedabad: Judicial remand of suspended IPS officer PP Pandey in the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case will end on Tuesday. The court had rejected the application of the CBI seeking his further remand.
Pandey was Joint Commissioner of Police in Ahmedabad when Ishrat and three others were gunned down on the outskirts of the city in 2004 by Crime Branch slueths, claiming that they were terrorists.
Gujarat government had suspended senior IPS officer PP Pandey on August 17, four months after he went underground in April after his name surfaced in the probe into the Ishrat case, while filing an appeal in the Supreme Court seeking protection from arrest. "An IPS officer, who is in jail for more than 48 hours, is deemed to be suspended," a senior government official said.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1