Prabhu Deva: Young choreographers bringing newness
Prabhu will next be seen in choreographer-turned-director Remo D'Souza's upcoming movie 'ABCD - AnyBody Can Dance'.
New Delhi: Ace actor-choreographer Prabhudeva, who has been wooing the audience with his fine and flexible dance skills for over two decades, says it is good to see young blood infusing freshness into movie choreography.
"Everybody is doing a superb job. Around 40 years back, the choreographers used to be a little older. But nowadays, the choreographers are so young and they are doing new things. Earlier, it never used to be like this," Prabhudheva told IANS.
The 39-year-old has choreographed for Bollywood films like 'Pukar', 'Shakti: The Power' and 'Lakshya'. He rues how people in India fail to pursue their passion for dance life-long and let go of it, unlike dance enthusiasts in the West.
"In foreign countries, people learn dance from childhood. They go to dance classes and after an age, they take up dance as a profession. But in India people learn dance but after an age they have to go for some other work and that is where the difference comes," Prabhudheva said.
"The overall dance scene today is good. But the only thing is that after some time, parents or someone else must tap it (the potential) and continue to nurture it," he added.
Prabhudheva will next be seen in choreographer-turned-director Remo D'Souza's forthcoming movie 'ABCD - AnyBody Can Dance', a project by UTV Spotboy.
He feels that while many people love dancing, the movie might boost their thirst for learning it.
"Nowadays, every boy and girl loves to dance, and parents even insist that they do it. There are so many dance-based TV shows happening. 'ABCD...' might be of more of help," he said.
'ABCD...', releasing Feb 8, 2013, features Kay Kay Menon, dancers Dharmesh, Salman Yusuff Khan, Mayuresh Wadkar and Vrushali Chavan. It even has choreographer Ganesh Acharya.
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Siddaramaiah Says Not Possible To Release Water Right Away
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Watch: MNS Asks Pakistani Artistes To Leave In 48 Hours or Face Consequences