Prakash Jha uses a Gujarati hymn in 'Aarakshan'
Earlier the director used the tune of 'Vande mataram' in 'Raajneeti'
New Delhi: After using the tune of the patriotic song "Vande mataram" in a song in his political thriller Raajneeti, Prakash Jha is now set to use the rhythm of Gujarati hymn "Vaishnav jan to" in his forthcoming issue-based movie Aarakshan.
"It has been great. Almost done with the spotting. The themes are working very well. We've taken the great Indian melody 'Vaisho jan to taine kahiye', which goes well with the essence of @SrBachchan (Prabhakar Anand's) character (sic)," Jha posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
Aarakshan is based on the controversial policies of caste-based reservations in government jobs and educational institutions. Apart from megastar Amitabh Bachchan, it features Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone, Manoj Bajpayee and Prateik. The movie will hit theatres on August 12th.
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street Journal
- Pakistan Approaches World Bank on Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane