DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Prakash Jha uses a Gujarati hymn in 'Aarakshan'
Earlier the director used the tune of 'Vande mataram' in 'Raajneeti'
New Delhi: After using the tune of the patriotic song "Vande mataram" in a song in his political thriller Raajneeti, Prakash Jha is now set to use the rhythm of Gujarati hymn "Vaishnav jan to" in his forthcoming issue-based movie Aarakshan.
"It has been great. Almost done with the spotting. The themes are working very well. We've taken the great Indian melody 'Vaisho jan to taine kahiye', which goes well with the essence of @SrBachchan (Prabhakar Anand's) character (sic)," Jha posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
Aarakshan is based on the controversial policies of caste-based reservations in government jobs and educational institutions. Apart from megastar Amitabh Bachchan, it features Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone, Manoj Bajpayee and Prateik. The movie will hit theatres on August 12th.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand