DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pranab inaugurates audio-visual section in Rashtrapati Bhavan
The audio-visual section brings together archival material procured from All India Radio, Films Division and Doordarshan.
New Delhi: It was a peep into history for President Pranab Mukherjee when he witnessed departure of last Viceroy Lord Louis Mountbatten and swearing-in of first Governor General C Rajagopalachari at the audio-visual section of Rashtrapati Bhavan's library. After inaugurating it, Mukherjee watched a newsreel on the departure of Mountbatten from India and swearing-in of Rajagopalachari which was obtained from the Films Division archives.
He also listened to speeches of Rajagopalachari, Rajendra Prasad and S Radhakrishnan on different topics obtained from the All India Radio archives, an official statement said. The audio-visual section brings together archival material procured from All India Radio, Films Division and Doordarshan.
The section, which forms part of renovated Rashtrapati Bhavan Library, includes speeches by Mountbatten and Rajagopalachari as well as former presidents Rajendra Prasad, Zakir Husain and S Radhakrishnan. Films on the life of Rajagopalachari, Prasad, Husain, Radhakrishnan and the first Republic Day Parade are also part of the collection.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere