DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Prasad, Sandeep win bronze at the Youth World Boxing Championship
The 17-year-old Prasad, a 2012 Tammer International Tournament winner, lost 8-13 on points to Bin.
New Delhi: Lalitha Prasad (49kg) and Sandeep Sharma (75kg) had to settle for bronze medals after losing their respective semifinal bouts at the AIBA Youth World Boxing Championships in Armenia on Thursday. While Prasad was outdone by Bin LV of China, Sandeep went down to Magomed Madyiev of Russia in the last four round.
The 17-year-old Prasad, a 2012 Tammer International Tournament winner, lost 8-13 on points to Bin. Sandeep, a bronze medallist at the 2010 International Invitational tournament in Kazakhstan, too fought hard before going down 9-15 on points against Madyiev.
Narender Berwal (+91kg), the lone Indian boxer in the fray, will compete for a place in the finals later on Thursday night. He will square off against Germany's Florian Schulz who eliminated tournament favourite Yohandi Toirac of Cuba.
Recommended For You
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Cricket Australia Believes Revenue Model is Starving Grassroots