Kochi: 11th Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas to end today
According to the estimates, over 2,000 delegates participated in the three-day.
Kochi: The 11th edition of the Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas will end on Wednesday in Kochi with a valedictory address from President Pranab Mukherjee. The president will also present the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman awards.
According to the estimates, over 2,000 delegates participated in the three-day event that was inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The theme for 2013 is 'Engaging Diaspora - The Indian Growth Story.
While addressing the event, the prime minister had said that while India faces persisting challenges of poverty, equity, sustainability and opportunity, it "continues to grow, as our external engagement increases and as we assume higher international responsibilities."
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Watch: Exclusive Interview With Former Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Will Pakistan Ever Accept Any Evidence Provided By India on Terror Propagated From Pak Soil?
- India Pulls Out of Saarc Meet, is Pakistan's Isolation Complete?