Prayers for Ajmal Kasab at mosque: Police launch probe
Prayers were offered for departed souls and the priest reportedly included the name of Kasab.
Kochi: Police have launched an investigation into the offering of prayers at a mosque in Kochi for Ajmal Kasab, who was hanged on November 21 for carrying out the Mumbai terror attack in 2008. The prayers were reportedly offered by an imam on November 23 after the Friday namaz at the mosque at nearby Trikkakara.
After the namaz, prayers were offered for departed souls and the priest had reportedly included the name of Kasab. When the incident leaked out, police began a probe and questioned the mosque's authorities and those who had participated in the prayers.
The managing committee of the mosque removed the imam from the post after learning about the incident, committee sources said. Investigation is on, police said. Kasab was hanged in Yerawada jail.
Recommended For You
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Dabang Mumbai vs Delhi Waveriders, Semi-final
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category