Prayers for Ajmal Kasab at mosque: Police launch probe
Prayers were offered for departed souls and the priest reportedly included the name of Kasab.
Kochi: Police have launched an investigation into the offering of prayers at a mosque in Kochi for Ajmal Kasab, who was hanged on November 21 for carrying out the Mumbai terror attack in 2008. The prayers were reportedly offered by an imam on November 23 after the Friday namaz at the mosque at nearby Trikkakara.
After the namaz, prayers were offered for departed souls and the priest had reportedly included the name of Kasab. When the incident leaked out, police began a probe and questioned the mosque's authorities and those who had participated in the prayers.
The managing committee of the mosque removed the imam from the post after learning about the incident, committee sources said. Investigation is on, police said. Kasab was hanged in Yerawada jail.
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Live: SP Expels MLC Udayveer, Old Guard Meet CM Akhilesh
- SP Old Guard to Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Samajwadi Party Expels MLC Udayveer Singh, Mulayam Upset With Akhilesh
- Cycle to Motorcycle? How Ram Gopal Yadav's Trip to EC Created a Stir