Preity Zinta witnesses hit-and-run, chases driver
Actress Preity Zinta played the good Samaritan when she spotted a man being struck down by an ambulance.
New Delhi: Actress Preity Zinta played the good Samaritan on Sunday on the way to the airport when she spotted a man being struck down by an ambulance in a case of hit and run.
Zinta tweeted to her followers that she saw a white ambulance hit an man crossing the road as she was on her way to the airport to take a flight to Chennai.
Zinta gave chase, noted the number of the ambulance and informed police as others assisted the wounded man.
Here is a series of her tweets on the incident:
"On the way to the airport to take a flight to Punjab when I saw a man crossing the highway and a White Ambulance hit him and RUN. This is insane."
"Yes he was wrong to cross like that but an Ambulance hitting and running is shocking... MH - 04- FP - 1634. I tried to follow them but they ran."
"Called the cops and informed them. Man is take by some people to the hospital as I was busy chasing the ambulance to get its licence plate number."
"Sad what I saw today. I've never understood why people just blindly cross highways when it's dangerous and not allowed?"
"This is the licence plate number of this ambulance. MHO4-FP1634. Did all I could and reported it. Hope that man survives."
There was no news on whether the ambulance driver has been apprehended.
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Rampant Borussia Dortmund Will Put Stuttering Real Madrid to the Test
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?