Preity Zinta's tiff with airport officials
The actress apparently refused to show her identity proof resulting in an argument
Bollywood actress Preity Zinta, co-owner of the Kings XI Punjab IPL team, was engaged in a tiff with Chandigarh airport officials Thursday when she was stopped for a security check, an official said.
Zinta, who had to board a Delhi flight, was stopped by an official of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), who asked her to show her identity proof. Zinta declined, leading to a heated argument between the actor and the security officials deployed there.
H.S. Toor, airport director, said, "There is nothing wrong in it and the CISF official was only doing his duty. But Zinta was adamant and she wanted to proceed without showing any identity proof."
"However, things were sorted out soon. Later Zinta showed her identity proof and she was allowed to proceed," he added.
However, officials of KXIP denied any such incident.
KXIP had beaten Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League match at Punjab Cricket Association Stadium in Mohali on Wednesday.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India