President to visit Bihar on October 3: Nitish
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had earlier requested Mukherjee to visit Bihar after becoming the President of the country.
Patna: In his maiden tour since becoming the President, Pranab Mukherjee will arrive in Patna on a two-day visit from October 3, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Sunday. Mukherjee will return to New Delhi the next day as per a tentative schedule, the Chief Minister told reporters.
He did not elaborate about the detail engagement of the President's visit even as the official sources said that Mukherjee is likely to unveil the road map of agriculture drawn by the state government.
Kumar said that he has accordingly rescheduled his engagements in view of the President's impending visit to Bihar next month.
The Chief Minister had earlier requested Mukherjee to visit Bihar after becoming the President of the country.
Kumar's party JD(U) had voted for him in the election for the presidential post in July.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology