India assures China on Tibetans' protests
Says it won't let its soil be used by Tibetans living in India for anti-China activities.
Beijing: India has assured China that Tibetans living in India will not be allowed to indulge in anti-China activities from Indian soil.
The assurance comes after the Chinese leadership raised the issue of Tibet with President Pratibha Patil who is currently on a six day official visit to China.
Relations between India and China went through a difficult phase last year as the two countries clashed over several issues including their long-disputed border.
During her meeting with Chinese leaders, President Patil emphasized on the need for both nations to work together.
Pratibha Patil also attended a reception in her honour hosted by the Indian Embassy on Friday. China's Vice-President Xi Jinping was also present at the reception.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology