DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Prez will go through demand for special status: Naveen
BJD ministers, MLAs and other senior leaders were optimistic about Odisha's special category status demand.
Bhubaneswar: Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, who had submitted a memorandum to Pranab Mukherjee demanding special category status for Odisha, on Thursday said the President would go through it and take action accordingly. "The President said he will go through the memorandum and give it to the Government of India," Patnaik said on his return from Delhi on Thursday.
Patnaik, along with senior leaders of BJD, had met Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan after addressing 'Swabhiman Samabesh' held at Ramlila Maidan in New Delhi. Patnaik said Odisha's long standing demand for the special category status was "fully justified and genuine". BJD ministers, MLAs and other senior leaders were also optimistic about Odisha's special category status demand.
"The President was positive about our demand," BJD MLA Sipra Mallick said, adding that she was hopeful about the state getting the special category tag. Another MLA Amar Prasad Satpathy said he was happy that BJD had made its stand loud and clear at the 'Dilli Durbar'.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh