Prime Accused in Nabha jail Break Case Arrested: Punjab Police
Punjab Police have arrested prime accused Amandeep Dhothian from Jalandhar in the sensational Nabha jailbreak case and recovered a revolver and cartridges from his possession.
File photo of Nabha jail in Punjab. (Photo: news18india.com)
Jalandhar: Punjab Police have arrested one of the prime accused from Jalandhar in the sensational Nabha jailbreak case and recovered a revolver and cartridges from his possession.
He said police also recovered a .32 bore revolver, seven live cartridges, four SIM cards and Rs 5,000 from his possession.
He was one of the "most wanted" gangsters in the state, Shukla said.
Dhothian is facing 26 heinous cases across the state and one of the prime accused in the Nabha jailbreak case, he said. With his arrest, Punjab Police have so far nabbed four of the total six escapees from Nabha jail.
Those who are still to be arrested are gangster Vicky Gounder and militant Kashmir Singh.
In a sensational jailbreak, a group of armed men stormed the Nabha jail in police uniforms and managed to free six prisoners - Harminder Singh Mintoo and Kashmir Singh, both terrorists, and gangsters Dhothian, Vicky Gounder, Gurpreet Sekhon and Neeta Deol - from the maximum security jail at Nabha in Patiala district on November 27 last year.
Recommended For You
- Sergei Eisenstein 120th Birth Anniversary: Google Pays Tribute to Soviet Avant-Garde
- A Missile, Bomb, Meteor or Gift From Aliens? Poop from Aircraft Befuddles Gurugram Village
- Filmfare Awards 2018 Red Carpet: Ranveer, Shahid, Alia and Kajol Outdo Fashion Classics
- 2018 Upcoming Sedans to Launch in India – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios And More
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More