DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Prisoners escape through toilet tunnel in Goa
Undertrial Abhijit Patil and convicts Hitler Fernandes and Seby Ferrao escaped from the jail at around 3 on Wednesday morning.
Panaji: In a sensational jailbreak, three inmates escaped from a prison in Goa after drilling a passage through a cell toilet early on Wednesday.
Undertrial Abhijit Patil and convicts Hitler Fernandes and Seby Ferrao escaped from the Sada sub jail at Vasco, about 35 km from here, jail authorities said.
"The jailbreak must have happened after 3 am on Wednesday morning. They escaped by drilling a hole in their cell toilet," said Levinson Martins, sub-divisional magistrate in charge of the Sada prison affairs.
He said Fernandes, 46, was convicted for two murders in Goa and Karnataka. Incidentally, he was one of the convicts who was recommended to be released by the prisoner sentence review committee.
"Hitler and Seby have a previous history of jail breaks," he said.
Four jail staffers, including two officers, were suspended.
Chief Minister Digambar Kamat informed the Goa legislative assembly that a magisterial enquiry has also been initiated to probe the incident.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Cricket Australia Believes Revenue Model is Starving Grassroots