Pritam ripped off my song: Anu Malik
The song features in director Anees Bazmee forthcoming movie 'Ready'
Mumbai: Music composer Anu Malik alleges that Pritam Chakraborty has lifted the entire tune of his "Mohabaat naam hai kiska" from Ajnabee and used it in the song "Character dhila hai".
The song features in director Anees Bazmee forthcoming movie Ready and is picturised on Salman Khan and Zarine Khan.
"The full tempo, the full tune has been taken and ripped off," Anu told. "I had liked the song and had called and congratulated Aneesji for such a fantastic song. Then I found that I was clapping for my own song," he added.
Anu may file a suit for plagiarising his song.
"We have to take a legal opinion and then take a call. I will talk to my lawyer first as it is a straight rip-off of my song," said Anu.
He wonders why Pritam didn't bother to give credit to R.D. Burman for using his composition in the title song of Rohan Sippy's Dum Maaro Dum.
"First of all they copied Panchamda's tune and called it their own. 'Dum maro dum' is actually Panchamda's composition. They don't even give credit. It's terrible. You cannot copy other's composition and call it your own and then get away and get applause," he said.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology