Priyanka Chopra is not interested in taking the ALS ice bucket challenge
The challenge involves dumping buckets of ice water over one's head to spread awareness for amyotrophic lateral scl
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra has been nominated by many to take up the ALS ice bucket challenge, but she doesn't seem to be interested.
The challenge involves dumping buckets of ice water over one's head to spread awareness for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig's disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord.
Apart from Hollywood stars like Tom Cruise, Robert Pattinson and Nicole Kidman accepting it, Bollywood stars like Akshay Kumar, Bipasha Basu and Abhishek Bachchan also took up the challenge.
But Priyanka is not joining the league.
- PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) August 24, 2014
The link shared by her shows an Australian newsreader Lincoln Humphries, who firmly shuts the idea down. Humphries acknowledged the good that the ice bucket challenge has done, then suggested some other things that can be done to make a difference, including spreading the love around to other deserving causes like cancer and fresh water charities, and not wasting so much ice.
Earlier, Sonam Kapoor had refused to take up the challenge after being nominated by "Fukrey" fame Pulkit Samrat.
@PulkitSamrat already made a donation !! Not dumping water :-( waste of resources !
- Sonam Kapoor (@sonamakapoor) August 21, 2014
Hollywood actress Pamela Anderson has also refused as she said she can't support an organisation that does testing on animals.
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP