Priyanka Chopra is not interested in taking the ALS ice bucket challenge
The challenge involves dumping buckets of ice water over one's head to spread awareness for amyotrophic lateral scl
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra has been nominated by many to take up the ALS ice bucket challenge, but she doesn't seem to be interested.
The challenge involves dumping buckets of ice water over one's head to spread awareness for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or Lou Gehrig's disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord.
Apart from Hollywood stars like Tom Cruise, Robert Pattinson and Nicole Kidman accepting it, Bollywood stars like Akshay Kumar, Bipasha Basu and Abhishek Bachchan also took up the challenge.
But Priyanka is not joining the league.
- PRIYANKA (@priyankachopra) August 24, 2014
The link shared by her shows an Australian newsreader Lincoln Humphries, who firmly shuts the idea down. Humphries acknowledged the good that the ice bucket challenge has done, then suggested some other things that can be done to make a difference, including spreading the love around to other deserving causes like cancer and fresh water charities, and not wasting so much ice.
Earlier, Sonam Kapoor had refused to take up the challenge after being nominated by "Fukrey" fame Pulkit Samrat.
@PulkitSamrat already made a donation !! Not dumping water :-( waste of resources !
- Sonam Kapoor (@sonamakapoor) August 21, 2014
Hollywood actress Pamela Anderson has also refused as she said she can't support an organisation that does testing on animals.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology