Priyanka Chopra's father, Dr Ashok Chopra passes away
Dr Ashok Chopra, father of actress Priyanka Chopra, passed away on Monday afternoon after suffering from cancer.
Mumbai: Dr Ashok Chopra, father of actress Priyanka Chopra, passed away on Monday afternoon after suffering from cancer for many years.
Dr Chopra was admitted at the Kokilaben Ambani Hospital in Mumbai the past few days and was said to be critical the past few days. "He passed away at 12.30 p.m. today (Monday). He was undergoing cancer treatment," hospital COO Ram Narain told IANS. He was surrounded by his family, including daughter Priyanka, wife Dr Madhu Chopra and son Siddharth, when he breathed his last at 12:30 pm on June 10.
Priyanka had reportedly organised a Mahamrityunjay puja at her home, for her father's recovery, recently.
Priyanka had reportedly cancelled all her shoots and was by his side for the last few days.
Chopra, a doctor, had retired from the Indian Army in 1997 as a lieutenant colonel.
Chopra is survived by his wife Madhu, also a former army doctor, daughter Priyanka and son Siddharth.
(With Inputs from IANS)
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology