Priyanka is the 'Gundi' on sets, say her 'Gunday' co-stars
Though Arjun and Ranveer are playing mafia-men in 'Gunday', the actors feel Priyanka is the biggest don on sets.
Kolkata: Though Arjun Kapoor and Ranveer Singh are playing mafia-men in their upcoming movie 'Gunday', the actors feel that the biggest don on the film's sets is lead actress Priyanka Chopra.
"She is the boss of the sets. She is our madam... The biggest Gundi (lady don) on the sets is Priyanka Chopra," chuckled both Arjun and Ranveer. The entire cast and crew of the director Ali Abbas Zafar's 'Gunday' is currently in Kolkata for the shooting of the film.
Joining the banter, director Ali said, "The first day she came onto the sets, she categorically told us, 'look guys I am 30 films old'. Then Ranveer said he is four and a half film, Arjun said he is two and a half films and I said I am one and a half films."
"So from that statistics you can understand the hierarchy...," Ali quipped. The film revolves round two dons of Kolkata from the 70s essayed by Ranveer and Arjun, with Priyanka, who enacts the role of a Bengali girl Nandita, being their love interest.
Talking about the film, Ali said, "It is a fictional story but based on lot of real life events that happened between 1971 and 1988. It is the story of Bikram and Bala who start from being small-time wagon breakers and with time
become black marketing mafias."
"While writing the script I very consciously took the decision to base it in Kolkata... It's quite a politically turbulent city and once you see the film you will understand why these characters are born in Kolkata and go on their
journey," he said about choosing the city as backdrop.
However, Ali said that he chose not to keep Bengali dialogues as the very soul of the film raises a question for the entire country. Asked if the film has references to the Naxalite movement that rocked the city in 70s, Ali refused to confirm.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- Indian, Afghan Spy Agencies Patronising Terror: Pakistan Tells US
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Beat Malaysia 2-1 to Seal Top Spot
- Don't Invite Foreign Teams to Pakistan in Current Situation: Shoaib Akhtar
- Pakistan Summons Indian Envoy, Lodges Strong Protest Over 'Unprovoked Firing'